United States President Donald Trump on Tuesday said no negotiations had been scheduled between Washington and Tehran, even as a 60-day negotiating period between the two countries ended earlier this week.

In a post on Truth Social, the US President claimed that the Strait of Hormuz, which Iran says remains shut for shipping, is “open and operating”, adding that all mines in the waterway have been removed.
“There are no talks or conversations going on, or scheduled, with the Islamic Republic of Iran. The Naval Blockade remains in full force and effect. The Hormuz Strait is open and operating. All water mines have been removed or detonated,” Trump said.
Trump AI image labels Hormuz ‘US territory’
Trump’s remarks come even as she shared an AI-generated image of the waterway, which is seen labelled as “New US Territory”, continuing his assertions of claiming control of the strait.
Iran has effectively closed the waterway, through which one-fifth of the world’s oil is shipped, in retaliation the US-Israeli offensive which began on February 28 this year.
The image, shared on Truth Social, depicts a blue map of the waterway between Iran and the Arabian Peninsula, with the Strait of Hormuz circled inside a frame reading “NEW U.S. Territory” in bold lettering.