Friday, August 21


Tehran , August 20 : Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) has warned that it would deploy more advanced and destructive weapons if another war breaks out, saying its military capabilities have been significantly strengthened since recent conflicts with the United States and Israel.

IRGC spokesperson Hossein Mohebbi said Iran’s future missiles would differ from those used in previous fighting, particularly in terms of warhead technology, accuracy and range. He also claimed that Iran has continued producing weapons without interruption and that the destructive power of newer missile warheads is substantially greater than those used during earlier conflicts.

Mohebbi’s comments came amid renewed speculation over possible diplomatic contacts between Tehran and Washington. Earlier this week, he dismissed US President Donald Trump’s claim that a backchannel between the United States and the IRGC exists, describing the allegation as unfounded.

He said the IRGC is not engaged in negotiations with Washington and added that Iran’s diplomatic establishment is also not currently holding talks with the US, citing what Tehran considers Washington’s failure to honour previous commitments.

Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei separately rejected reports of indirect communications between the two countries through officials in Iraq’s Kurdistan region. He also denied claims of a secret US-Iran meeting in Erbil, describing such reports as psychological and media operations intended to create divisions within Iran’s leadership.

The latest statements come against the backdrop of repeated military confrontations and ceasefire efforts between Iran, the United States and Israel. Tehran’s latest warnings indicate that Iran is seeking to emphasise improvements in its missile capabilities while denying that meaningful backchannel negotiations with Washington are currently underway.





Source link

Share.
Leave A Reply

Exit mobile version