Patna: Bihar Public Service Commission on Tuesday issued the notification for TRE-4, announcing recruitment to 32,388 teaching posts in Bihar. The online application process will begin on Sept 1 and continue till Sept 30. The commission has not yet announced the examination date.Earlier in the day, teacher aspirants began their indefinite ‘Chatra Nyay Satyagrah’ at the protest site in Gardanibagh. Although the notification has been issued, the protesters said their agitation would continue until their other demands were addressed.The aspirants want TRE-4 to be conducted through a single examination, without separate preliminary and mains stages. They have opposed the proposal to introduce PT and mains in TRE-4, arguing that any change in the recruitment pattern should be implemented from TRE-5 as TRE-4 has already been delayed. They have also demanded implementation of a domicile policy in the current recruitment process.The protesters have questioned the need for another examination stage after candidates have already appeared for BEd, STET and CTET. Khushboo Kumari, who came to Patna from Nawada to join the protest, said, “We are forced to protest for the TRE-4 notification. If PT and mains are to be conducted, why were BEd, STET and CTET conducted? There should be only one exam. The education minister lies repeatedly. If he cannot issue the notification, he should resign.”Student activist Dilip Kumar said the govt had earlier promised that the notification would be issued by July 25 and amendments made within 24 hours, but the assurances were not fulfilled. He also raised questions over teacher transfers and postings and warned that students would intensify the protest if their demands were not addressed.“We are staging a sit-in protest to protect the interests of thousands of students in Bihar. We want this exam conducted in one sitting. If the government does not address our demands, we will intensify the agitation,” Dilip said.The protest also saw teacher aspirants using sharp slogans against Education Minister Mithilesh Tiwari. Munna Kumar, carrying a poster referring to the minister as “Mistake Tiwari”, alleged that Tiwari had repeatedly changed his statements. “He keeps making mistakes and changing his statements. That is why we are calling him ‘Mistake Tiwari’,” he said.Another aspirant, Saurabh Sinha, carried a poster stating, “We will not tolerate false promises, the Education Minister must resign.” Protesters also raised concerns over recruitment and alleged paper-leak incidents in the 66th, 67th and 70th BPSC examinations while opposing PT and mains in TRE-4.


