Tuesday, May 19


A rescue worker on Monday (May 18, 2026), puts out a fire of a building damaged after a Russian strike on Chernihiv region, Ukraine. File
| Photo Credit: AP

Russian ​missile and drone strikes in the Chernihiv and Sumy ​regions, in northern Ukraine, killed four ⁠people and injured several more, Ukrainian officials said on Tuesday (May 19, 2026).

A ballistic missile ‌strike in the centre of the town ‌of Pryluky in the Chernihiv ‌region ⁠killed two people and ⁠injured at least 17 others, including a 14-year-old, the regional Governor said.

A business ​was hit in ‌the attack and a nearby shopping centre and a supermarket were damaged, Governor Viacheslav ‌Chaus said on Telegram.

Mr. Chaus posted photos on Telegram of a ⁠damaged metal structure and of a building with its windows ‌shattered.

Civilian infrastructure came under a separate Russian drone attack on Tuesday (May 19, 2026) in the neighbouring Sumy region, the regional Governor said, without giving further ‌details of the targets.

Two men aged ​52 and 58 had been killed and another ⁠four people had been injured, Governor ⁠Oleh Hryhorov said.

The two regions bordering Russia and ‌have seen frequent attacks throughout the war.



Source link

Share.
Leave A Reply

Exit mobile version