Jaipur: Amid the ongoing investigation into the NEET-UG 2026 paper leak case, state Congress president Govind Singh Dotasra Tuesday questioned the credibility of last year’s NEET exam as well, while claiming links between BJP functionaries and the paper leak network.“My question is, how was NEET-UG 2025 declared free of malpractice? Does this year’s paper leak not raise questions about the credibility of the 2025 examination as well?” Dotasra asked.Addressing the media here, Dotasra said four members of the family of Dinesh Biwal, who is under arrest in connection with this year’s NEET paper leak, had cleared the 2025 edition of the exam despite having poor scores in Classes X and XII.Dotasra demanded the resignation of Union education minister Dharmendra Pradhan, accusing him of failing to detect irregularities in both the NEET-UG 2025 and 2026 examinations.He also targeted the functioning of the National Testing Agency (NTA), the body in charge of conducting the examination, and questioned Prime Minister Narendra Modi over its organisational structure and accountability.“The biggest scandal is that the NTA is registered under the Societies Act of 1860. It has deliberately been kept outside proper accountability mechanisms. Unlike UPSC or SSC, which are statutory bodies, NTA functions like an NGO-style body. Papers leak, examinations get cancelled, but nobody is held accountable,” Dotasra alleged.He demanded that the NTA be converted into a statutory body through an Act of Parliament to ensure transparency and accountability in national-level entrance examinations.Taking a swipe at the BJP’s ongoing austerity campaign, Dotasra alleged that BJP-ruled states, including Rajasthan, had turned the exercise into a “political spectacle”.“We saw Chief Minister Bhajan Lal Sharma travelling in an EV car one day, and boarding an EV bus with a cavalcade to shoot reels the next. Ministers are taking trains and autorickshaws, and some bureaucrats are riding bicycles to display loyalty,” he said. “This is nothing but a circus,” he said.He further alleged that the govt was focusing more on optics and publicity while students and families continued to suffer due to repeated controversies surrounding competitive examinations.

