Wednesday, August 19


Hyderabad: After BRS announced `Janata Garage’ asking people to bring their problems to its notices, several colonies’ residents and representatives thronged Telangana Bhavan, BRS headquarters on Wednesday. The BRS has set up a legal cell to provide legal assistance to victims affected by 22-A restrictions.Former ministers T Harish Rao and P Sabita Indra Reddy, MLAs Kaleru Venkatesh, Mutta Gopal and Devireddy Sudheer Reddy, among others, interacted with the affected persons. The leaders assured them that the BRS would stand firmly by them and fight until justice was delivered.He demanded that the Government order a CID inquiry into the 22A issue and identify who authorised the inclusion of properties in the prohibited list, who implemented the changes and who subsequently removed properties from the list.“Why is the Chief Minister ordering CID and vigilance inquiries even over minor issues, but not ordering a CID inquiry into an issue affecting the lives and properties of lakhs of people?” he questioned.Harish Rao said that no victim affected by the 22A restrictions should be afraid or lose hope. “Under the leadership of BRS president K. Chandrashekar Rao, we will stand with you at every stage and fight for your rights,” he said. He announced that a 10-member BRS Legal Cell is being established at Telangana Bhavan to provide free legal assistance to victims affected by the 22A restrictions. He said the legal team would guide affected property owners and extend necessary legal support.He also assured the victims that BRS MLAs and leaders would personally approach officials and district collectors wherever necessary and remain with them until their grievances were resolved. Harish Rao appealed to victims not to pay commissions to anyone and not to sell their properties at distress prices out of fear.“Do not pay commissions and do not sell your properties cheaply. The BRS is prepared for any level of struggle to force the state govt to correct its mistakes and protect your property rights,” he said.The BRS leader alleged that even properties in HUDA and HMDA-approved layouts and houses purchased decades ago had been included in the 22A prohibited list, raising serious questions about the manner in which the list was prepared.Harish Rao cited several instances brought to his notice by affected property owners and alleged that properties had been removed from and subsequently added back to the prohibited list under questionable circumstances. He demanded a thorough investigation into the entire process and said that the officials and political leaders responsible must be identified.“We will wait for a short period for the Government to respond. If the Government fails to act immediately, we will launch a larger movement with the victims and are prepared to lay siege to the Chief Minister’s residence,” he said.GFX Issues:In Budvel village, properties in Survey Nos. 282, 283 and 284, covering around 30 acres, were reportedly cleared from the 22A list under pressure and questioned the circumstances surrounding the subsequent transactions.In Survey Nos. 20/1 and 21 of Serilingampally was placed in prohibited properties list.KSR Colony, Ameenpur, despite a Supreme Court judgement, is in 22-A.ends/



Source link

Share.
Leave A Reply

Exit mobile version