A Ukrainian drone attack on Monday afternoon left two men dead and injured two others in the southwestern Belgorod region, local authorities said.
Belgorod’s regional emergency center said the attack took place in the village of Borisovka, located around 17 kilometers (10 miles) north of the border with eastern Ukraine’s Kharkiv region.
Officials said two men died before paramedics could arrive at the scene of the strike, while two others were rushed to the hospital after being seriously wounded.
Acting Belgorod region Governor Alexander Shuvayev, who took office last week, did not immediately comment on the attack.
Both Ukraine and Russia regularly launch drone and missile attacks at each other’s territory, with officials in Kyiv justifying their strikes as retaliation for Russia’s full-scale invasion and ongoing occupation of Ukrainian territory.
A Message from The Moscow Times:
Dear readers,
We are facing unprecedented challenges. Russia’s Prosecutor General’s Office has designated The Moscow Times as an “undesirable” organization, criminalizing our work and putting our staff at risk of prosecution. This follows our earlier unjust labeling as a “foreign agent.”
These actions are direct attempts to silence independent journalism in Russia. The authorities claim our work “discredits the decisions of the Russian leadership.” We see things differently: we strive to provide accurate, unbiased reporting on Russia.
We, the journalists of The Moscow Times, refuse to be silenced. But to continue our work, we need your help.
Your support, no matter how small, makes a world of difference. If you can, please support us monthly starting from just $2. It’s quick to set up, and every contribution makes a significant impact.
By supporting The Moscow Times, you’re defending open, independent journalism in the face of repression. Thank you for standing with us.
Continue
Not ready to support today?
Remind me later.
×
Remind me next month
Thank you! Your reminder is set.


