Mysuru: Urban development minister Yathindra Siddaramaiah on Wednesday said that the Mysuru Development Authority (MDA) has been directed to cancel all alternative site allotments made under the 50:50 scheme.According to him, the allotments were made in violation of the state govt’s directive issued on March 14, 2023. The decision follows the recommendations of a single-member inquiry commission and a high-level technical committee. The govt has directed authorities to cancel allotment orders, file civil suits to annul registered sale deeds, and stop the registration of new sale deeds and processing of khatas. Existing khatas may also be cancelled under the relevant provisions of law. Around 1,100 sites, estimated to be worth nearly Rs 2,000 crore, are expected to be affected by the move.Yathindra said further scrutiny of allotments made before March 2023 is also under way. Yathindra’s father, former CM Siddaramaiah, his mother Parvathi, and his uncle had earlier been accused of taking undue advantage of the 50:50 scheme and obtaining 14 prime sites in the upscale Vijayanagar II Stage area. However, Siddaramaiah and Parvathi have denied the allegations.


