Tuesday, May 19


Pune: Women excluded from the Mukhyamantri Majhi Ladki Bahin Yojana due to technical errors or incomplete e-KYC may still get an opportunity to restore their benefits, minister of state for Women and Child Development (WCD) Meghana Bordikar told TOI on Monday.The statement comes days after nearly 70 lakh beneficiaries were found ineligible following a large-scale e-KYC and eligibility verification exercise conducted by state govt.“The deadline has ended, and the govt is yet to take a policy decision on any extension. However, genuine beneficiaries who could not complete e-KYC due to technical reasons may approach district WCD officials for assistance,” Bordikar said.She added that exceptions would be made only after proper verification.State govt had made e-KYC mandatory for beneficiaries to continue receiving assistance under the scheme. However, officials said lakhs of women were excluded because of incomplete documentation, Aadhaar mismatches, bank account issues and technical glitches during the verification process.Several women and organisations have alleged that even eligible beneficiaries were removed from the list despite attempting to complete the process.Maya W, a sanitation worker, said she had been receiving instalments until Jan before the payments suddenly stopped. “I uploaded my e-KYC documents but have not received any acknowledgement or payment for the last four months,” she said.Meanwhile, the govt released a combined instalment of Rs 3,000 covering March and April into beneficiaries’ bank accounts last week.



Source link

Share.
Leave A Reply

Exit mobile version