Jaipur: During the Question Hour Friday, education minister Madan Dilawar criticised the previous Congress govt for failing to create any new teaching positions despite upgrading over 6,264 schools. He emphasised that while Mahatma Gandhi English Medium Schools were upgraded, teachers were not recruited for them either, jeopardising the education of lakhs of children.
“Around 50,000 posts were not created by the Cong govt. Children were made to sit in classrooms, but there was no one to teach them. The Congress govt perpetrated atrocities against schoolchildren,” said Dilawar. He said that the current govt filled 72,000 posts so far, of which some posts were filled through promotion and some through new recruitment. “Apart from this, recruitment was issued for 2,202 posts in 2024, for which the examination was completed, and the document verification process is ongoing. New recruitment for 3,225 posts was issued in 2025, and selected teachers will start serving soon. Under senior teacher recruitment, 2,129 posts in 2024 and 6,500 posts in 2025 were issued for recruitment, which are under process,” said Dilawar. “The Congress did not fill these posts. Because of this, lakhs of children were deprived of education,” he added. The education minister responded to supplementary questions asked by BAP MLA Thawar Chand during Question Hour. He said that the current govt is sensitive to the interests of SC, ST and OBC categories. “If any backlog posts remain, efforts will be made to fill them by adjusting them in upcoming recruitments,” he added. He informed that the process of filling vacant posts through direct recruitment is also underway after the selection of eligible and selected candidates through recruitment agencies.
