Patna: Rural development department minister Shrawan Kumar on Friday said Rs20,000, as the second instalment under Mukhyamantri Mahila Rajgar Yojana (MMRY), will be sent to the Jeevika Didis in Bihar this month. The govt was facing opposition attack as RJD alleged it was an election stunt of providing Rs10,000 to women associated with self-help groups for votes.Taking aim at the leader of opposition in the legislative assembly, Tejashwi Prasad Yadav, the minister said there is no need for him to repeatedly raise questions, as the govt is actively working towards fulfilling its promises. He noted that, under the leadership of former CM Nitish Kumar, Bihar became the first state in the country to launch such an employment scheme for women.Providing details regarding the disbursement process under the scheme launched by the NDA govt before the assembly election in Nov last year, the minister said the Jeevika Didis will receive a total of Rs2.10 lakh, disbursed in five instalments for pursuing businesses. He said the first instalment of Rs10,000 has already been sent to 1.81 crore Jeevika Didis, who will receive the second instalment of Rs20,000 this month. “The third instalment of Rs40,000, the fourth of Rs60,000 and the fifth instalment of Rs80,000 will be transferred into their bank accounts,” the minister said.He claimed that the verification of applications from approximately 18 lakh women in urban areas enrolled under the ‘Aajeevika Didi’ scheme has been completed and they will also receive the first instalment of Rs10,000 in their bank accounts soon.Shrawan clarified that women have been provided with financial assistance to initiate self-employment ventures. Many women have already utilised these funds to start their own businesses, he said.

