Gurgaon: Seven people, including four children, were injured after a WagonR rammed into a tractor trolley on NH-8 near Binola on Sunday morning. The car went underneath the tractor after the collision, leaving all occupants injured.The accident took place between Binola and the KMP Expressway around 8.15am on Aug 16. The WagonR was carrying a Delhi-based family, including Ruby Kumar, his wife Manju, three children, their driver Maninder and his son. They were returning from Khatushyam when the collision occurred.Police said they received a Dial 112 call regarding the accident. A head constable reached the spot, but Ruby, Manju and Maninder had already been shifted to Aastha Hospital in Bilaspur. Their medico-legal reports were collected later.Ruby and his family were subsequently shifted to Balaji Hospital in Delhi. Manju suffered head injuries and received around 40 stitches, along with back injuries. Ruby sustained fractures and injuries to his chest and stomach and regained consciousness on Monday. Maninder suffered a hand fracture and chest injuries.A family member said the injured included four children, adding, “Naman, 12, suffered breathing problems, while Sudhir, 15, suffered fractures in his legs. Smriti, 17, and Maninder’s son were also injured.”In a complaint, Ruby, a resident of Uttam Nagar in Delhi, alleged that the tractor trolley was parked on the carriageway without reflectors or warning signs. He also claimed it was carrying a large load of crash barrier material.The family further alleged that NHAI road work was underway near the accident site without adequate warning signals. A police officer confirmed that road work was in progress when the accident occurred.Meanwhile, a senior NHAI official said, “Following the accident, a committee inspected the site. Its preliminary findings stated that the work was being carried out during the day and safety cones had been placed before the tractor trolley. A retro-reflective cross mark had also been fixed on the trolley. The committee attributed the collision to the car’s overspeeding.”“A letter was also issued to the contractor directing it to ensure appropriate safety measures and indicating that action would be taken as per the provisions of the contract,” the official added.A police officer said, “We have registered a case and are investigating the circumstances leading to the collision. The sequence of events and the role of the ongoing road work will be established during the investigation.”Based on the complaint and medical reports, a case was registered under sections 285 (causing danger or obstruction in a public way), 125(b) (act endangering life or personal safety) and 324(4) (mischief) of BNS at Bilaspur police station.


