Patna: The family of NEET student who died under suspicious circumstances in Patna last month is living under constant fear following repeated death threats, even as police maintain round-the-clock security at their residence in Jehanabad district.A fresh threat note was allegedly thrown into the house through a window on Tuesday by an unidentified person. The message read, “Na manoge, beti gayi, beta bhi marega, do din mein’ (You have lost your daughter and if you do not relent you will lose your son as well in two days).”The latest act of intimidation comes days after a similar note was found in the kitchen on Saturday (Feb 14) at around 11am. That message warned, “If you become too aggressive, you will be picked up and killed.” After the earlier threat surfaced, Patna SSP Kartikeya K Sharma directed Jehanabad police to step up security for the family.Rahul Kumar, SHO of Shakurabad police station, said the family lodged a fresh complaint on Tuesday alleging that an unidentified person had thrown a piece of paper into their home. The SHO added, “A piece of paper with a similar threat message was thrown inside the house on Saturday as well. Accordingly, security arrangements were made at their place. We shall look into the fresh complaint and take appropriate steps.”Jehanabad SP Aprajit Lohan said the family informed the local police station at around 4pm that a small note had again been thrown into the house from the same window.Detailing the security measures, Lohan said, “Security was provided there. We have a lady constable, a dafadar, who stays there 24×7. 1 additional SHO also stays about 50 metres away from their house, in a govt building, so that if any such problem occurs, they can reach there immediately.”He said discussions were under way with the municipal council to install CCTV cameras at the location. “Police also collected handwriting samples from 15-20 individuals in the area, which will be sent for forensic matching,” the SP said.Lohan said local anti-social elements could be behind the threats. “Our team is there permanently, so it is not possible for an outsider to come there without us getting information. Prima facie, it appears to be some local person who is mischievously throwing such letters,” he said.Explaining the modus operandi, he added, “They are throwing the letter through the window because our main round is in front where our force is present all the time. So someone from the back side, there is a window that opens directly into their kitchen.”He also urged the family to alert police immediately. “We told them again that as soon as you get it, even if you get it at 3 at night, inform immediately the person sitting in front, the force that is stationed there,” Lohan said.The threats come amid the CBI probe into the death of the 18-year-old girl, who was found unconscious in her hostel room in Patna on Jan 6 and died on Jan 11 after remaining in a coma. Forensic findings, including traces of semen on her clothes and signs of struggle, suggested possible sexual assault, contradicting initial police claims of suicide and prompting the transfer of the case to the CBI.An 18-member CBI team recently visited the family’s home, questioning relatives and locals for nearly five hours on eight key points. Investigators also retrieved the deceased student’s malfunctioning mobile phone from a repair shop in Makhdumpur. Forensic analysis of CCTV footage collected by the initial special investigation team (SIT) has been completed by the CID and submitted to the CBI, which has also visited the hostel, hospitals and concerned police stations as part of the ongoing investigation
