Aizawl: Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s proposed visit to Israel in Feb is expected to delay the migration of members of the Bnei Menashe community from Mizoram and Manipur by one to two weeks, a community leader in Aizawl said on Monday.Bnei Menashe leader Jeremiah L Hnamte told TOI that the first batch — planned at 300 people each from Mizoram and Manipur —was earlier scheduled to leave Aizawl for Israel in February, but the PM’s proposed trip has led to a deferment.“It is expected that the first batch for this year will migrate to the ‘Holy Land’ by early March,” Hnamte said. He said he hopes to be included in the group along with his spouse and son, noting that his daughter and son migrated to Israel 10 years and five years ago, respectively. He said rabbis and Jewish Agency members indicated preference would be given to applicants with family already in Israel, particularly those who migrated under the Aliyah programme.Hnamte said the final list of migrants has not yet been cleared by the nine rabbis who conducted selections in Aizawl in early December.Israel has approved a plan to absorb nearly 6,000 members of the Bnei Menashe community living in Mizoram and Manipur by 2030, according to a govt decision announced recently.The Bnei Menashe, identified as descendants of the biblical tribe of Manasseh, are considered one of the “lost tribes of Israel”. Many previously practised Christianity before converting to Judaism and receiving recognition from Israel’s Chief Rabbinate. They observe Jewish practices, celebrate festivals such as Sukkot, and have established synagogues in their communities.