Saturday, February 21


Chandigarh: Directorate of Enforcement (ED), Gurgaon Zonal Office, has provisionally attached immovable properties worth Rs 82 crore (approx) under the provisions of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA), 2002, in connection with a large-scale real estate fraud related to the commercial project “Ansal Hub-83” located in Sector 83, Gurgaon, an official spokesperson said on Thursday.The official informed that the project is spreadover a land area of approximately 2.47 acres and consists of 147 commercial shops, 137 office spaces and 2 restaurant units.

Chandigarh: Gurdwara Kidnap Shock, Highway Pillar Delay, Phase 11 Murder Crackdown & More

The investigation was initiated on the basis of an FIR registered by Haryana Police u/s 120-B, 406 and 420 of IPC, 1860 in June 2023 against the promoters and senior officials of M/s Ansal Housing Limited (formerly known as M/s Ansal Housing & Construction Ltd), including its whole-time director Kushagra Ansal, and its associated entities, namely M/s Samyak Projects Private Limited and M/s Aakansha Infrastructure Private Limited. This was based on a complaint by the HUB-83 Allottee Welfare Association, representing more than 1,000 investors who invested their hard-earned money in the said project on the basis of false assurances and misleading representations. ED investigation revealed that the project was launched and commercial units were sold to investors even before obtaining valid statutory approvals, and that although the project licence expired in Dec 2015, the developers continued to collect money from investors and sell units until Sept 2023 without renewing the licence. It was further revealed that several aggrieved investors also approached the Haryana Real Estate Regulatory Authority (HRERA) by filing complaints regarding delay in possession, non-completion of the project, illegal collection of money and violation of statutory obligations by the developer.Investors were promised timely possession and world-class facilities; however, even after nearly 15 years, no occupation certificate was issued and possession was not handed over. The funds collected were not used for completing the project but were instead diverted for other purposes and personal gain.So far, ED investigation reveals that an amount of more than Rs 82 crore (approx.) was collected from allottees from 2011-2023. The project land, along with the construction done so far, was provisionally attached to prevent any transfer, sale or disposal of the assets, which could defeat future confiscation proceedings under the PMLA. MSID: 128557061 413 |



Source link

Share.
Leave A Reply

Exit mobile version