Browsing: India

Two Congress MLAs, Yashavantarayagouda V Patil (R) and Belur Gopalakrishna (L), resigned from the Karnataka Legislative Assembly on Monday BENGALURU: Two Congress MLAs resigned from the Karnataka Legislative assembly on Monday after they were left out of the state cabinet expansion. Indi MLA Yashavantarayagouda V Patil and Sagar MLA Belur Gopalakrishna announced their resignations ahead of the swearing-in ceremony for the new ministers.Patil handed his resignation to deputy speaker Rudrappa Lamani at Vidhana Soudha. Soon after, his supporters staged a protest in Bengaluru, alleging that he had been treated unfairly.Gopalakrishna also resigned from the Assembly, increasing pressure on the Congress…

Read More

A visibly emotional Gopalakrishna said he was deeply hurt and maintained that he had never worked against the party. SHIVAMOGGA: Expressing anguish over being denied a ministerial berth, three-time Sagar MLA Beluru Gopalakrishna announced that he would resign at 10 am on Tuesday.”I come from an ordinary family and have been elected to the Assembly three times. Yet, I have been denied a ministerial post. If those who have already enjoyed power continue to get cabinet positions, what future is there for leaders like me?” he said.Questioning the criteria for cabinet selection, Gopalakrishna asked why several existing ministers had been…

Read More

Satish Patel won the contest by a margin of 30,630 votes. VADODARA: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Monday retained the Manjalpur assembly constituency in Gujarat’s Vadodara district, with its candidate Satish Patel defeating Congress nominee Bhikhabhai Rabari by a margin of more than 30,000 votes in the by-election. According to Election Commission data, Satish Patel secured 55,481 votes, while Rabari received 24,851 votes after the completion of all 20 rounds of counting, according to news agency PTI. Patel won the contest by a margin of 30,630 votes. The counting process began at 8 am at Bhavan’s School in Vadodara’s…

Read More

Srinagar, Aug 2: MLA Uri Dr Sajjad Shafi on Sunday described the book ‘Sharda to Sansad’ as a significant contribution to documenting the history, culture and long struggle of the Pahari community.He said the book provides a comprehensive account of the Pahari language, tracing its origins, geographical spread and historical evolution. According to him, it also highlights the community’s ethnicity, cultural identity and rich heritage.“The author has done an excellent job by documenting the history of the Pahari community and bringing together several important aspects of its cultural and social journey,” Shafi said, speaking to the media on the sidelines…

Read More

Launching ceremony of the Ulyanovsk submarine of Yasen-M class Russia has floated out Ulyanovsk, its latest Project 885M Yasen-M nuclear-powered attack submarine, marking another milestone in the country’s efforts to modernise its undersea fleet. The submarine was launched from the Sevmash shipyard in Severodvinsk and will now undergo fitting out, harbour and sea trials before being commissioned into the Russian Navy.Russian Navy Commander-in-Chief Admiral Aleksandr Moiseyev said Ulyanovsk is expected to join the Northern Fleet after completing its trial programme. According to Sevmash Director General Mikhail Budnichenko, the submarine will undergo mooring, sea and state acceptance trials before its planned…

Read More

A viral video circulating online shows senior Delhi Police officers raising concerns with Cockroach Janata Party (CJP) organisers. NEW DELHI: A viral video from Delhi’s Jantar Mantar has shown senior Delhi Police officers telling Cockroach Janata Party (CJP) organisers that they had failed to make adequate arrangements to manage crowds during the outfit’s anti-NEET paper leak protest.According to the video, senior police officers are seen speaking to CJP spokespersons, Ashutosh Ranka and Saurabh Das, saying Jantar Mantar was not meant for protests of that scale without proper planning. The officers say the organisers had not deployed enough volunteers to regulate…

Read More

The deceased has been identified as Mayur S, elder son of Santosh and Aishwarya. MYSURU: In a tragic incident, a five-year-old boy choked to death after a plastic toy from a snack packet got lodged in his throat at Gowripura village under Bilikere police limits.The deceased has been identified as Mayur S, the elder son of Santosh and Aishwarya.According to panchayat officials, the family bought a packet of snacks that contained a small plastic toy.While eating the snacks, Mayur accidentally swallowed the toy, which got lodged in his throat. Despite efforts to save him, he died on Saturday evening.The incident…

Read More

Hamim Mondal (left) and his alleged girlfriend Arpita Sarkar under police custody. KOLKATA: The West Bengal Special Task Force (STF) is probing how a Pakistan-linked terror module used social media and an online gaming platforms to identify, recruit and assign operational roles to youngsters, as investigators widen their probe into the network around suspected Jaish-e-Mohammed operative Hamim Mondal.The probe has so far revealed two alleged recruitment trails involving people who came in contact with Hamim Mondal through digital platforms.As per news agency PTI, while 22-year-old Arpita Sarkar, an aspiring social media influencer from Jharkhand, allegedly met Hamim Mondal on Instagram…

Read More

New Delhi, Aug 02: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday launched the ‘Nasha Mukt Yuva for Viksit Bharat Sankalp Abhiyan’, addressing a massive nationwide video conference and framing the gathering as a profound national commitment. “Today, all of us countrymen have united for a great and important resolution,” he remarked, as over one crore young citizens connected from more than 28,000 locations.Highlighting the comprehensive nature of the initiative, the Prime Minister explained that the campaign transcends individual wellness, simultaneously serving the broader interests of families, society, and the entire nation. Outlining the core objective, he stressed that achieving Viksit Bharat fundamentally requires a physically…

Read More

President Donald Trump speaks to reporters onboard Air Force One while returning to the White House, Sunday, Aug. 2, 2026. (AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin) The US Central Command has asked military analysts for “new creative and unconventional ways to pressure and punish Iran” as Washington considers alternatives to bring Tehran to the negotiating table, CNN reported.A senior officer in Centcom’s intelligence branch sent the request in an email to a broad group of military analysts last week, according to sources familiar with the message. The outreach came as the US military reassesses its strategy and explores options beyond conventional strikes.The email,…

Read More