Author: Indmedia
File photo: Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian (left) and US President Donald Trump Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian on Monday said Tehran does not want to escalate tensions in the Middle East but will “act with its full capabilities” to defend the country’s security, national interests and territorial integrity, even as US President Donald Trump warned that Iran had been given a “last chance” to reach an agreement.According to Iranian state broadcaster Press TV, Pezeshkian said, “The Islamic Republic of Iran does not seek to escalate tensions or instability in the region. However, it will act with its full capabilities to defend…
Bombay High Court has endorsed the State CID’s closure report in a conspiracy case against builder Rajendra Chaturvedi MUMBAI: Nearly 20 years after a criminal case was filed alleging a conspiracy to kill a builder in a redevelopment dispute, the Bombay High Court has accepted the State CID’s ‘B-Summary’ closure report in the matter involving Shreepati builder managing director Rajendra Chaturvedi.It said that investigators found no material against the accused and that a Magistrate’s earlier refusal to accept the closure report went against the evidence gathered during the probe.A division bench of Justices A.S. Gadkari and Kamal Khata, in an…
PMK leader Anbumani Ramadoss c CHENNAI: PMK president and Rajya Sabha MP Anbumani Ramadoss on Tuesday criticised both Leader of the Opposition Udhayanidhi Stalin over his controversial remarks and the subsequent police action against him, saying both actions were inappropriate and should have been avoided.In a statement, Anbumani urged the ruling and opposition parties to move away from political vendettas and focus on constructive governance to address Tamil Nadu’s pressing issues. Referring to Udhayanidhi’s remarks during a demonstration in Thanjavur against the proposed Mekedatu dam project, Anbumani criticised the tone and nature of the speech.“The remarks made by opposition leader…
For the upcoming Round 3, candidates must provide online consent and fill their choices between Aug 6 and 9 Ahmedabad: Admission Committee for Professional Diploma Courses (ACPDC) has successfully completed Round 2 of the admission process for first-year diploma engineering courses after Class 10 for the academic year 2026-27, leaving 30,594 seats vacant across Gujarat.The round, which included fresh registrations following the supplementary board exam results, concluded on Monday.According to official data, govt and grant-in-aid polytechnics saw strong demand, filling 20,100 (91%) of their 23,238 available seats, with 3,138 seats remaining open. Conversely, self-financed and PPP institutes struggled to attract…
Dibrugarh: CM Himanta Biswa Sarma on Monday disbursed the first interim tranche of financial ex gratia, amounting to Rs 15,000 each, to nearly 75,000 flood-affected families across the four worst-hit districts of Charaideo, Sivasagar, Jorhat and Golaghat, from the chief minister’s secretariat in Dibrugarh.The disbursement marks the beginning of the compensation package announced earlier by the CM to help flood victims rebuild homes and livelihoods devastated by this year’s deluge.Giving a district-wise breakdown of the beneficiaries covered in the first phase, Sarma said 35,298 families from Sivasagar, 19,883 from Charaideo, 4,922 from Jorhat and 2,593 families from Golaghat district received…
Flyers seated on the Pune-Delhi SpiceJet flight on Monday morning Pune: No food on flight after a two-and-a-half hours delay multiplied the plight of SpiceJet’s Delhi-bound passengers on Monday morning.Over 150 flyers were booked on SpiceJet’s Pune-Delhi flight (SG-937), scheduled to depart at 5.55am. They expected at least tea or coffee, if no breakfast, after the delay. But the cabin crew curtly told them that “no refreshment was available on board”.A SpiceJet spokesperson attributed the flight’s delay to the late arrival of the incoming aircraft from Dubai. “We deeply regret the inconvenience caused to passengers,” the spokesperson said. He did…
A 70-year-old woman’s body was found on a rooftop in Panchkula (AI-generated image used for representational purposes) PANCHKULA: The body of a 70-year-old retired Army captain’s wife was recovered from the rooftop of a house in Sector 21, with police suspecting their maid’s involvement in the murder.Neera Mehta was found dead on the rooftop on Tuesday, police said.A murder case has been registered, and further investigation is underway, news agency PTI reported.Sector 20 police station SHO Yashdeep Singh said Neera lived in Sector 21 with her husband, retired Army captain Manmohan, while their children reside abroad.Police received a complaint from…
Operation Conviction: fast tracking criminal justice in UP Operation conviction is a statement by the Yogi government in Uttar Pradesh on how criminal justice is dispensed through a speedy, organised and targeted process of prosecution and swift convictions of criminals. A staggering number of 97000 convictions in two years testifies that a Chief Minister’s steely will can easily redefine the rules of criminal justice as has been the case with Uttar Pradesh. It has also been a warning for the outlaws that there is no escape from the law.For decades, the effectiveness of India’s criminal justice system was often judged…
Nagpur: Nagpur Municipal Corporation (NMC) has constituted seven special survey teams to crack down on the alleged misuse of air-conditioning (AC) plant rooms in residential, commercial and industrial buildings across the city. The teams have been asked to submit a report within 15 days.The decision was taken at a meeting chaired by municipal commissioner Vipin Itankar on Monday after civic officials flagged instances of developers allegedly obtaining building approvals by earmarking terrace spaces as AC plant rooms and later converting them for unauthorised use in violation of sanctioned plans.Assistant director of town planning Ruturaj Jadhav and other senior officials attended…
Cheating complaint against wife Kolkata: Anandapur Police is investigating a case where a businessman residing in a condo has lodged an FIR against five individuals — his new wife and four members of her family — alleging criminal conspiracy, cheating worth more than Rs 2 crore, physical assault, and theft. He claimed he even contemplated dying by suicide before his relatives came to his rescue. However, the woman has claimed that she was a victim of domestic abuse.According to cops, the complaint filed on July 31 said the man’s family reportedly funded the couple’s May 2025 wedding and related ceremonies,…

