New Delhi: Electricity connections are being provided to 36 households in north-east Delhi’s Harsh Vihar after a wait of nearly eight years after the intervention of chief minister Rekha Gupta, officials said on Sunday.The families met the chief minister at her residence and thanked her for ending their long wait. North-East Delhi MP Manoj Tiwari was present, the chief minister’s office said in a statement.During her interaction with the families, the chief minister acknowledged the years of waiting for electricity connections and emphasised that Delhi govt was fully committed to addressing citizens’ concerns and ensuring that basic services reach every resident.The matter was raised by Harsh Vihar residents during a recent public grievance hearing by the chief minister. They informed her that many families had been waiting for regular power connections since 2018.The chief minister instructed all related agencies to coordinate with each other to resolve the issue quickly, the CMO said.By 2018, 50 to 60 houses had been constructed in Harsh Vihar’s A-3 block. However, regular electricity supply could not be established due to a lack of land for a sub-station.That work is now complete, and electricity meters are being installed. All eligible families are expected to get regular connections soon, the statement added.


